Customer Service Representative - BirminghamThis position is based in Birmingham, AL.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for acting as a client customer service contact and serving as a customer liaison for the Business Development Team and Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtains all relevant information from customers and accurately and completely enter all data into CAD as required by Lifeguard Ambulance and outlined in the call intake process.
- Calls customers to confirm, cancel, or reschedule appointments; responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Notifies customer prior to scheduled pick-up time when transport may be late.
- Communicates any possible delays, customer service issues, supply shortages, equipment malfunctions and etc. to supervisor and Business Development team in a timely manner.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Updates Customer information in CAD and SalesForce.
- Conducts Customer Service Satisfaction phone surveys.
- Assists Business Development with customer issues by obtaining all relevant information necessary to provide complete and accurate information to the appropriate Account Executives in order to properly assess the validity of complaints, determine possible causes and resolve the issues.
- Prints reports and maintains files for the Marketing Team.
- Helps maintain cleanliness of the LifeComm Center.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Complies with and remains current on all current policies, procedures, and any changes or company information posted by reading the various postings throughout the operation, monitoring EMS Toolkit, and by communicating with leadership staff.
- The duties and responsibilities included in this job description are not intended to be all inclusive and the Customer Service Representative will be expected to perform other reasonable job related duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of RightCad.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and Access) and Citrix.
- Working knowledge of radios and Nextel.
- Heavy use of telephones and computer.
- Use of copier, printer, scanner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations.
- Skilled in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Ability to apply telephone interviewing techniques
- Ability to quickly and accurately obtain appropriate information
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
- Capable of working independently in a fast paced environment while also possessing the ability to work as a team.
- Possess the ability to consistently think clearly; act quickly; and calmly in a wide variety of situations;
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - demonstrates attention to detail; accurate and fast typing ability.
- Project management - communicates changes and progress; exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Innovation - generates suggestions for improving work.
- Problem solving - gathers and analyzes information skillfully; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; advanced troubleshooting, analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Technical skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and accuracy; varies writing style to meet communication/dispatching needs; presents numerical data accurately; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support - follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and security - observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Customer Service; EMS Communication Center setting experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require any specific license, registration, or certification.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE
This position reports directly to the Communications Supervisor, the Operations Manager, and the Director of Communications.
BUDGET AND OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY
This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS & WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands, work environment factors and cognitive functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting in front of computer monitors, with frequent and simultaneous using the phone, radio and computers, and monitoring multiple computer screens. This position requires the ability to work in close quarters and wear a telephone headset. This position requires occasional to moderate bending and twisting of the neck. This position may require occasional lifting of no more than 10 lbs. This position requires frequent simple grasping of both the left and right hands, as well as frequent computer typing. This position may require occasional pushing or pulling or reaching above or below shoulder level.
This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish color), and the ability to adjust focus.
The position requires the ability to compare, analyze, communicate, coordinate, evaluate, instruct, and negotiate. This position requires strong interpersonal skills.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence (addresses, patient & transport information). Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
TYPICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The dispatch office is in a controlled temperature setting and under fluorescent lighting. Work is performed in a confined environment and can be fast-paced at times and plays a critical role in Public Safety delivery. Must take information from callers who may be excited, abusive, incoherent, ETOH and/or hysterical.
Environment requires handling multiple tasks and prioritizing while dealing with frequent interruptions.
Lifeguard Ambulance Service is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Position requires not only strong customer service/phone skills, but intermediate to advanced administrative skills, to include strong knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc).